Ecojustice is Canada's largest environmental law charity. We use the power of the law to defend nature, combat climate change, and fight for a healthy environment for all.
Our strategic, innovative public interest lawsuits lead to legal precedents that deliver lasting solutions to our most urgent environmental problems. We are 100% donor-funded — thanks to the generosity of our supporters, we represent every one of our clients free of charge.
Years of victories
- 1992 halted logging in Wood Buffalo National Park
- 1994 helped James Bay Cree protect the Great Whale River
- 1998 stopped logging of old growth forests in Ontario
- 2000 forced Hamilton to clean up pollution
- 2003 helped hold Imperial Oil to account for contamination
- 2013 pressured Nestlé to limit Ontario water withdrawals
Help fund another 25 years of victories by donating now.
Meet our Supporters
“With powerful corporate interests trying to influence governments to ensure they retain their markets and subsidies … somebody needs to counterbalance this, and if not me, then who?”
"I believe that Ecojustice's strategic litigation is a tremendously effective way to force government and industry to adopt better practices."
“We are the custodians of our land and it is our job and duty to keep it safe for future generations.”
Need help making a donation?
Call 1-800-926-7744 ext. 295 or make your donation via our simplified donation form.